Frequently Asked Questions

About Earthfields

Earthfields brings to your desk a tech-driven solution that caters to the gap between landowners, real estate agents, builders, and developers concerning networking. The platform provides mutual land requirement listings and leads to enable faster decision making. It is a one-stop solution for both corporates and individuals.
Earthfields currently engages with the land categories across commercial, industrial and agriculture provided they are available for residential/commercial developments.
Earthfields invites lands from
- Land Owners
- Real Estate Agents
- Real Estate Builders and Developers

If you fall into any of the three categories, Earthfields is for you. Please be informed that the process of getting listed on Earthfields undergoes a verification process. A step necessary to ensure quality leads for you as a real estate builder/developer to get quality land listings and for the land supplier/owner to find genuine buyers/joint venture partners. For further details, you can contact us.
Yes, we have subscription pricing models which varies across different types of user profiles.
No, transactions made with the help of Earthfields platform have no hidden cost involved from the platform's side. Our clients are required to pay for the platform usage only.

We aim to also bring a paradigm shift in the transaction process between stakeholders (for individuals big/small or corporations functioning in the sector) making it affordable and transparent.
The aim is to bring and create standardized processes in the sector.

Our team’s combined experience of 20+ years in the real estate industry has identified glaring gaps in how haphazard land transactions are conducted with no rectifying solutions in sight for the issue.

Hence the movement towards introducing a tech-driven platform to bring the process to one of the busiest and lucrative, yet unorganized sectors in the Indian diaspora. Our fair pricing module is also aimed to encourage and open doors for easy adaptability of the platform with all kinds of real estate agents, individuals, and real estate builders.

About About Land Supply Chain

To understand from joint venture point of view except outright, where land is sold, it starts from a real estate builder/developer, who scouts for lands as per his business requirements. Once he is satisfied with the preliminary information such as location, size of the land, micro market performance, legal status etc. It goes then to term sheet stage (non binding agreement with initial terms and conditions), there after internal due diligence (legal, project management -architects & design and construction, finance, sales & marketing), post this once builder/developer is satisfied with overall report it goes to the final stage of discussion between both parties and lastly to deal signing agreement.
There are specific documents which are required for preliminary stage to final stage of land transaction, Further it can be categorized under three prominent categories;

Sale Deed: Details about transfer of ownership details, area and cost of land

Record of rights: Details about property transactions from time to time, rightful persons and their rights, nature and limits of rightful persons, revenue paid details, any community and government rights, mortgage or loan details. * the rights could be ownership, long-term lease hold, tenancy)

Spatial land records: Revenue map (land boundaries, plot area, connectivity with roads, presence of water bodies, surrounding area details), Land use (agriculture, residential, commercial, industrial etc.), Land topology/ topography (natural features esp. shape)

The documents can be procured either offline or online mode, your land location sub registrar office will be the ideal place to get all offline records and for online docs there are certain state/central gov websites to help you with. In karnataka it is
*presently most of the documents are digitised over gov website, however there could be certain documents not available digitally.
"Kharab" indicates a type or classification of land under Karnataka Land Revenue Rules ( 21(2), 1966), land represented as unfit for cultivation. Which is further categorised as

Kharab A: This land is used for farm buildings, threshing floor, etc. It is not used for cultivation.

Kharab B: This land is used for public use i.e. - occupied by a road or footpath or by a tank or stream or water body used for irrigation, drinking, domestic purposes, burial/cremation ground, village potteries, etc.

Note: Different states in India may have different names of 'Kharab'.
Floor Area Ratio (FAR) or Floor Space Index (FSI) are both similar terms to be used to define how much saleable or built-up area can be constructed on a piece of a land, as residential, commercial, industrial projects.

Typically, it is determined by the local area planning authority - LPA (i.e BDA, BBMP, BMRDA, BMICAPA, etc. in the case of Bengaluru city and rural) basis the exiting main road/approach road to the land.

The information of FAR/FSI can be taken from the LPA website (if available) or physically visiting its office. In Bengaluru city/rural it ranges from 1.5 to 3.25 depending upon the type of structure/building/project and main road.

Example: Suppose, the FAR of your land area 2 acres (87120 Sqft) is 2.5, considering that 5% is the relinquished and kharab land of the overall land area i.e. 4356 Sqft, the remaining considerable land area 82764 Sqft will be taken for final saleable/built-up area calculation as 2.5*82764= 206910 Sqft. Finally, this much of actual floor area can be constructed for a given type of structure/building/project.
There are primary regions as Doddaballapur, Devanahalli, Hosakote, Nelamangala around Bengaluru city classified as Bengaluru Rural Zone. Kindly find more detail here.
There are primary area planning authorities as

Bengaluru City: BDA (Bangalore Development Planning Authority), BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike), BMICAPA (Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Area Planning Authority)

Bengaluru Rural: BMRDA (Bangalore Metropolitan Region Development Authority) - Under BMRDA there different planning authorities as BIAPPA (Bangalore International Airport Area Planning Authority), STRR (Satellite Town Ring Road) Planning Authority, Anekal PA, Doddaballapur PA, Kanakapura PA, Magadi PA, Nelamangala PA, Bidadi PA.
Mutation corridors as per BDA (Bengalore Development Authority) CDP,2015 (Comprehensive Development Plan) are defined as growth corridors with min road width as 80 feet where you can build development irrespective of CDP land use(zones). You can find this corridor over CDP copy highlighted with a blue dotted line.

Eligibility Criterion: Plots facing the corridors shall have a minimum frontage* of 12m (~40 feet). The maximum depth for zone consideration in case of sub divided layout is two property depth(if they are amalgamated). In case of lands that have no plotted development, a maximum of one property depth. *(Frontage- It is referred as the front width of the land/plot/building abutting/adjoining the main road)

Mutation corridor FAR, Ground coverage:
Sl.No Plot Size Far Ground Coverage Road Width
01 All Pot size upto
12000 sq.m (2.96 acres)
2.75 55% Upto 30m(98.42 Feet)
02 3.25 50% Above 30m
When an area with in the local planning area (LPA) is required for public purpose (i.e. road, widening of road, parks, etc.) the owner of any site or land which comprises of such area surrenders it free of cost and hands over possession of the same to the planning authority / Local Authority free of cost and encumbrance. The Planning Authority / Local Authority permits development rights in the form of additional floor area which shall be equal to one and half times the area surrendered. The development rights so permitted may be utilised either at the remaining portion of the area after surrender or anywhere in the LPA, either by himself or by transfer to any other person. To know more about the T&Cs and utilisation of TDR, please refer to the zoning regulation copy of the respective local planning authority.
By default, every land is considered agricultural land irrespective of where it is located under the master plan map of the respective local area planning authority. If the land is shown under a non-agriculture zone and the land owner wants to use it for any non-agriculture use per se then first it should be converted into non-agriculture use. The procedure and prerequisites can be consulted through the local area planning authority.

‘Change Of Land Use (CLU)’ term is predominantly used for earmarked non-agriculture lands which are subcategorized under different categories i.e. residential, commercial, industrial, high tech, public/semi pubic, traffic transport, etc. in the master plan by the local area planning authority. Suppose a land is falling under the industrial zone and the land owner wants to build a residential project over it, then it has to be applied for CLU over the local area planning authority office. After their internal verification protocols and procedures, it may or may not be approved.